Stop politicians from pretending to be your local newspaper
Sign the petition to end this and other deceptive campaign practices
Deceptive campaign practices risk misleading the public during elections.
Political parties have been using misleading formats—like pretending to be local newspapers—to gain votes. Full Fact has seen this happen consistently at previous elections and you can help stop it happening again this time.
These tactics are misleading to voters and risk undermining trust in the important institutions that protect our democracy—the local press, and the electoral system itself.
You can play a critical role as we head towards the next general election. Now is the time to make your voice heard and help end deceptive campaign practices.
Political parties should commit to honest campaigning practices by pledging not to use deceptive campaign practices that risk misleading voters and undermining trusted independent media institutions by no later than the announcement of the next general election.
Sign the petition to demand political parties end these deceptive campaign practices.
8,260 people have taken a stand with us
- 49 minutes ago Tony P, Harrogate
- 46 minutes ago ANNE A, Bolton
- 41 minutes ago Jim W, Wigtownshire
- 37 minutes ago Phil M, Bolton
- 35 minutes ago John T, Carmarthenshire
- 35 minutes ago Lynn M, Highland
- 28 minutes ago Christopher R, Three Rivers
- 17 minutes ago Stuart my S, Hertsmere
- 13 minutes ago Herron R, North Tyneside
- 9 minutes ago Sheila S, Barnsley
Help us reach 10,000
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails.