Stop politicians from pretending to be your local newspaper
Sign the petition to end this and other deceptive campaign practices
Deceptive campaign practices risk misleading the public during elections.
Political parties have been using misleading formats—like pretending to be local newspapers—to gain votes. Full Fact has seen this happen consistently at previous elections and you can help stop it happening again this time.
These tactics are misleading to voters and risk undermining trust in the important institutions that protect our democracy—the local press, and the electoral system itself.
You can play a critical role as we head towards the next general election. Now is the time to make your voice heard and help end deceptive campaign practices.
Political parties should commit to honest campaigning practices by pledging not to use deceptive campaign practices that risk misleading voters and undermining trusted independent media institutions by no later than the announcement of the next general election.
Sign the petition to demand political parties end these deceptive campaign practices.
15,252 people have taken a stand with us
- 2 days ago Wendy W, Cherwell
- 2 days ago Judith O, Huntingdonshire
- 1 day ago Gina Y, Suffolk
- 1 day ago Will S, Liverpool
- 1 day ago James H, Sheffield
- 18 hours ago Alan H, South Oxfordshire
- 15 hours ago Elizabeth M, Milton Keynes
- 15 hours ago Anna G, Derbyshire Dales
- 13 hours ago Rosemary R, Cheshire East
- 11 hours ago Mosese D, Birmingham
Help us reach 20,000
You can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the link in the footer of our emails.